Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week goals

Last week brought a mixed bag of results for me at the 1/2 level. I ended the week in damage control mode and made the best out of a poor situation. I never got to my 35 hours but I did play 31 and put in a lot of time away from the felt. My last 2 sessions brought me back from the dead In which I turned a week in which I was stuck $621 into being down a reasonable $351. Thurdsay I tightened up considerably. I actually widened my opening range in position but I stopped limping with crappy hands. Friday I fell down $140 early. I knew how important it was for me to not have a big loss going into the weekend. For both mental reasons and obvious financial reasons. I dug really deep and played my A Game until I got up and finally left +$190. I actually got AA all in preflop vs. JJ late in my session for over $80 and lost so it could’ve been a bigger day than it actually was.

I think my number 1 strength as a poker player is that losing makes me better. When you only have a bankroll in the $4k range you cant really afford a prolonged downswing. Plus Im so anxious to get up to 2/5 that I cant lose any big chunks of change right now. Nothing gets me more focused on improving my game than a few losing sessions do. This weeks losing sessions got me to subscribe to stack em coaching, something I would of otherwise never considered.

Stackem coaching is a poker training website with subscription based audio coaching material. A lot of their instruction is geared towards live play at the lower stakes which to my knowledge you can’t find anywhere else. Plus some podcasts are basically recorded sessions between a student and an instructor. I find listening to anything poker related on the way to a session extremely motivating. Im in the car for an hour…mise well fill my brain with poker stuff. Its quality stuff too. I love Bart Hansons podcast but a lot of what he talks about doesn’t apply to the 1/2 level. So far what I’ve heard from stack em is right up my alley. I highly recommend you check em out.

On a goals standpoint, I feel poised for a winning week. That’s all I care about right now. Im erasing the slate on last week and starting fresh. I’ve been goin bad on Saturdays so I took the weekend off so I can build off my back to back winning sessions when I return on Monday. Im gonna aim once again for about 35 hrs…but this weeks all about winning, whether I play 20 hours or 90. Lets go.

No comments:

Post a Comment